Polestar Performance Tuning
EXPERIENCE TRUE PERFORMANCE WITH VOLVO POLESTAR
Polestar has been optimizing Volvo cars for racing circuits and competitions since 1996. Now, Volvo has brought that level of power and excitement to you, the car fanatic! The horsepower and torque-adding accessory is available in models as old as 2006. Polestar tuning re-optimizes and keeps full functionality in all of the built-in safety functions designed to save the engine in case of a partial system malfunction. It has been developed and thoroughly tested at the Volvo Engine Laboratories using the same elaborate testing procedures that Volvo uses for their standard engines.
The best news of all in 2016, is that this performance optimization is now also available in Volvo Drive-E models. In the near future, the Polestar optimization will also be available as a Port Installed Option. Currently, the MSRP of the Drive-E software has an MSRP of $1,245.00.
Optimization information below is for current model year, 2016 model 4-cylinder vehicles:
POLESTAR IS NOW AVAILABLE ON DRIVE-E ENGINES
1) Throttle response has been optimized for improved feedback and response. This is beneficial for driving on windy roads while the calibration makes it so that the engine has a quicker response time from the driver’s commands, making for a more precise driving experience.
2) The gearshift speed has been increased so that the car may accelerate faster and react more directly to the commands of a driver. A faster gearbox will provide the driver with more direct control of the car.
3) Gearshift Precision and Gear Hold – With the gearshifts calibrated, it provides the driver with a more direct and precise driving experience as well as giving faster acceleration. Gearshift points were calibrated to efficiently use the optimized mid-range performance of the engine. The gear-hold function keeps the gear held during cornering at high lateral g-forces, which prevents unwanted gearshifts mid-corner that can unsettle your car’s balance.
4) Off-throttle Response – The gearbox and engine have been calibrated to provide a faster response when the driver quickly lifts off of the throttle for a minute. To give an example, picture yourself braking briefly before you take a corner. These functions keep the car in balance during those quick urns and provide you with improved predictability and control of your car.
5) Engine Performance – The Drive-E Polestar optimization was developed to provide more performance in the mid-range of the engine where the driver uses it the most when driving actively. Examples of this would be overtaking or when you are entering a busy highway. Increasing the mid-range performance combined with the supporting changes for the gearbox and throttle response, make the car more dynamic and responsive to the drive.
IT’S COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
Polestar provides the kind of enhanced performance that kicks in when its needed most. Polestar will not impact the certified fuel economy or emissions, nor does it affect Volvo’s factory warranty as long as it is installed an authorized Volvo retailer.